Combination sharpening stone
Length: 180 mm
Width: 60 mm
Thickness: 30 mm
weight: 664 gm
Grit size: 1000 – 3000
Suehiro combination sharpening stone made in Japan.
The ideal sharpening stone for a beginner or enthusiast who sharpens occasionally.
Use the blue 1000 grit side for dull knives. This side is coarse enough to put a fresh edge on any knife.
Use the beige 3000 size to refine the edge to a useable cutting edge. This will leave a nicely polished edge.
These stones are well rated as they cut fast, give good feedback and has a uniform grain size unlike cheap stones.
Care tips for sharpening stones:
- Soak stones in water 5 minutes prior to use.
- Never leave stones or extended periods in water.
- After use leave them to air dry out of the direct sunlight.
- The stones are water stones. Water is the only means of lubrication while sharpening.
- Do not use oil for lubrication on these stones.