- Steel: White #1 steel at 62-63 HRC
- Length: 240 mm blade length
- Height: 35mm blade height at the heel
- Weight: 165g
- Handle size: 130 mm
- For right hand user only
Hideo Kitaoka san is a master at his art. He specialises in single bevel knives and is based in Takafu knife village. He uses traditional steels and White #1 is an excellent choice for these handmade knives.
The blade is ground on the front side and concave on the other. This chisel grind gives it a dramatically steeper angle geometry than dual ground knives and thus makes is sharper.
- Kiritsuke is a hybrid derived form Yanigiba and Usuba. Its is intended for slicing delicate fish filets and rotary peeling of vegetables.
- It has a thick and hefty blade which can cut the head of fish easily.
- Core steel is White #1 with softer Damascus patern cladding.
- The handle is made from Rosewood with a black pakka ferule.