Hideo Kitaoka Deba 150 mm Japanese knife – Artisan Knives
- Steel: White#2 steel at 62-63 HRC
- Length: 150 mm blade length
- Height: 50 mm blade height at the heel
- Weight: 216g
- Handle size: 115mm
- For right hand user only
Hideo Kitaoka san is a master at his art. He specialises in single bevel knives and is based in Takafu knife village. He uses traditional steels and White number 2 is an excellent choice for these handmade knives.
The blade is ground on the front side and concave on the other. This chisel grind gives it a dramatically steeper angle geometry than dual ground knives and thus makes is sharper.
- The Deba is a single bevel knife used in Japan to break down a whole fish.
- It has a thick and hefty blade which can cut the head of fish easily.
- The knife is finished with a traditional ho wood handle and a plastic ferule.