Hideo Kitaoka Deba 180 mm Japanese knife – Artisan Knives
- Steel: White #1 steel at 62-63 HRC
- Length: 180mm blade length
- Height: 57mm blade height at the heel
- Weight: 340g
- Handle size: 135mm
- For right hand user only
THIS KNIFE CAN BE PURCHASED WITH A MATCHING SAYA ( $77) while stock lasts ( please enquire 0220710133 or leave a comment to add one with the purchase of the knife)
A saya is a wooden sheath to protect knives while in storage.
Hideo Kitaoka san is a master at his art. He specialises in single bevel knives and is based in Takafu knife village. He uses traditional steels and White #1 is an excellent choice for these handmade knives.
The blade is ground on the front side and concave on the other. This chisel grind gives it a dramatically steeper angle geometry than dual ground knives and thus makes is sharper.
- The Deba is a single bevel knife used in Japan to break down a whole fish.
- It has a thick and hefty blade which can cut the head of fish easily.
- Core steel is White #1 with softer Damascus patern cladding.
- The handle is made from Rosewood with a black pakka ferule.