Hideo Kitaoka Usuba 160 mm Japanese knife
- Steel: White number 2 steel at 62-63 HRC
- Length: 157mm blade length
- Height: 40mm blade height at the heel
- Weight: 90g
- Handle size: 130mm
- For right hand user only
Hideo Kitaoka san is a master at his art. He specialises in single bevel knives and is based in Takafu knife village. He uses traditional steels and White number 2 is an excellent choice for these handmade knives.
The blade is ground on the front side and concave on the other. This chisel grind gives it a dramatically steeper angle geometry than dual ground knives and thus makes is sharper.
- The shorter length makes it easy to handle especially peeling a daikon.
- The knife is finished with a traditional ho wood handle and a plastic ferule.
- The Usuba is a single bevel vegetable knife used in Japan to make the finest vegetable garnishes.