Hideo Kitaoka yanigiba 240 mm Japanese knife
- Steel: White #2 steel at 62-63 HRC
- Length: 233 mm blade length
- Height: 35 mm blade height at the heel
- Weight: 145 g
- Handle size: 135 mm
- For right hand user only
Hideo Kitaoka san is a master at his art, specialises in single bevel knives and he is based in Takafu knife village. He uses traditional steels and White #2 is an excellent choice for these handmade knives.
The blade is ground on the front side and concave on the other. This chisel grind gives it a dramatically steeper angle geometry than dual ground knives and thus makes is sharper.
- The knife is finished with a traditional ho wood handle and a plastic ferule.
- The Yanigiba is a single bevel knife used in Japan for slicing raw fish.