Hideo Kitaoka yanigiba 270 mm Japanese knife
- Steel: White number 2 steel at 62-63 HRC
- Length: 265mm blade length
- Height: 32mm blade height at the heel
- Weight: 180g
- Handle size: 140mm
- For right hand user only
THIS KNIFE CAN BE PURCHASED WITH A MATCHING SAYA ($59) while stock lasts ( please enquire 0220710133 or leave a comment to add one with the purchase of the knife)
A saya is a wooden sheath to protect your knife while in storage.
Hideo Kitaoka san is a master at his art, specialises in single bevel knives and he is based in Takafu knife village. He uses traditional steels and White 2 is an excellent choice for these handmade knives.
The blade is ground on the front side and concave on the other. This chisel grind gives it a dramatically steeper angle geometry than dual ground knives and thus makes is sharper.
- The knife is finished with a traditional ho wood handle and a plastic ferule.
- The Yanigiba is a single bevel knife used in Japan for slicing raw fish.