Masakage Koishi Nakiri
- Steel: Aogami Super steel at 63-64 HRC
- Length: 165mm blade length
- Height: 59mm blade height at the heel
- Weight: 140g
- Handle size: 125mm
Koishi is Maskage highest quality range and is handmade by Kato san, a blacksmith with over 50yrs experience from Takefu Knife Village.
Koishi means pebbles in Japanese. The hammered finish on the blade looks like river pebbles.
Why is Koishi range top of the line? Because of the use of Aogami Super steel which is one of the best steels in Japan. Aogami Super is known to take steep edge that last longer than any other Japanese steel.
- It has a luxurious handle made out of cherry wood.
- The Nakiri knife is designed mainly for vegetable preparation.
- Nakiri is one of the best vegetable preparation knives on the market.