Masakage Koishi Suhijiki
- Steel: Aogami Super steel at 63-64 HRC
- Length: 270mm blade length
- Height: 40mm blade height at the heel
- Weight: 165g
- Handle size: 140mm
Koishi is Maskage highest quality range and is handmade by Kato san, a blacksmith with over 50yrs experience from Takefu Knife Village.
Koishi means pebbles in Japanese. The hammered finish on the blade looks like river pebbles.
Why is Koishi range top of the line? Because of the use of Aogami Super steel which is one of the best steels in Japan. Aogami Super is known to take steep edge that last longer than any other Japanese steel.
- It has a luxurious handle made out of cherry wood.
- The Suhijiki (slicing knife) has a long narrow blade. This allows you to do a one-draw cut which gives you the perfect slice.
- This makes it ideal for carving roasts, ham and smoked salmon.