Hideo Kitaoka yanigiba 270 mm Japanese knife
- Steel: White number 2 steel at 62-63 HRC
- Length: 265mm blade length
- Height: 32mm blade height at the heel
- Weight: 180g
- Handle size: 140mm Made from ebony and buffalo horn with a nickel silver spacer
- For right hand user only
Hideo Kitaoka san is a master at his art, specialises in single bevel knives and he is based in Takafu knife village. He uses traditional steels and White 2 is an excellent choice for these handmade knives.
The blade is ground on the front side and concave on the other. This chisel grind gives it a dramatically steeper angle geometry than dual ground knives and thus makes is sharper.
- The Yanigiba is a single bevel knife used in Japan for slicing raw fish into delicate sashimi.