Masakage Yuki Nakiri Japanese vegetable knife
- Steel: White number 2 at 62-63 HRC
- Length: 165mm blade length
- Height: 60mm blade height at the heel
- Weight: 175g
- Handle size: 125mm
This knife is handmade by Kato san, a blacksmith with over 50yrs experience from Takefu Knife Village.
The blade is made out of white number 2 carbon steel. This steel excels at having the sharpest edge and has a smooth cutting performance. It is easy to sharpen, so if you want to learn sharpening this is the steel of choice.
- The extra blade height gives good knuckle clearance.
- The Nakiri knife is designed mainly for vegetable preparation.
- Nakiri is one of the best vegetable preparation knives on the market.