Masakage Kumo santoku
- Steel: VG10 steel at 61-62 HRC
- Length: 165mm blade length
- Height: 45mm blade height at the heel
- Weight: 125g
- Handle size: 125mm
This knife is handmade by Anryu san, a 4th generation blacksmith with over 50yrs experience from Takefu Knife Village.
This series is named Kumo (cloud) because the blades look like stormy clouds. The knives in this range are made out VG10 core steel and it is wrapped in Nickel Damascus cladding.
- The knife stands out for its lightweight, positive balance and good looks.
- The knife has an attractive octagonal handle, which is made out of rosewood and a black pakka ferule.
- The Santoku is an all-purpose knife.