Masakage Yuki Suhijiki
- Steel: White number 2 at 62-63 HRC
- Length: 270mm blade length
- Height: 45mm blade height at the heel
- Weight: 150g
- Handle size: 140mm
This knife is handmade by Yoshimi Kato san, knife maker from Takefu Knife Village.
The blade is made out of white number 2 carbon steel. This steel excels at having the sharpest edge and has a smooth cutting performance. It is easy to sharpen, so if you want to learn sharpening this is the steel of choice.
- The Suhijiki (slicing knife) has a long narrow blade. This allows you to do a one-draw cut which gives you the perfect slice.
- This makes it ideal for carving roasts, ham and smoked salmon.