Masakage Yuki Gyuto 240 mm Japanese knife
- Steel: White number 2 at 62-63 HRC
- Length: 240mm blade length
- Height: 50mm blade height at the heel
- Weight: 185g
- Handle size: 140mm
This knife is handmade by Kato san, a blacksmith with over 50yrs experience from Takefu Knife Village.
The blade is made out of white number 2 carbon steel. This steel excels at having the sharpest edge and has a smooth cutting performance. It is easy to sharpen, so if you want to learn sharpening this is the steel of choice.
- The Gyuto is an all-purpose knife, and a must for every chef.
- Gyuto means cow/beef sword in Japanese but is definitely more than that.
- This knife shape is similar to the chefs knife style.