Takamura R2 Gyuto 210 mm Japanese knife
- Steel: R2 powered stainless steel at 63-64 HRC
- Length: 215mm blade length
- Height: 46.5mm blade height at the heel
- Weight: 160g
Handmade by the Takamura family, a father and 3 sons.
Takamura pride themselves in pioneering and mastering R2 like nobody else.
R2 is a high tech powdered stainless steel made by Takefu Specialty Steel. It has a high toughness and excellent corrosion resistance.
The performance of this knife stems out of use of quality steel, forging excellence and the finest sharpening skills.
- Finished with a red pakka western handle.
- Many top chefs around the world use these knives daily in the most demanding circumstances.
- Gyuto means cow/beef sword in Japanese but is definitely more than that.
- The Gyuto is an all-purpose knife, and a must for every chef.
- This knife shape is similar to the chefs knife style.
- R2 steel has a combination of high carbon content and stainless quality